Years after I discovered sriracha sauce at Yum Cha I have finally got my hot little hands on a bottle.I’m not exactly sure why it took so long, but who cares? There is now PLENTY of it in my future.
Dad picked some up for me with some pretty strict instructions: Clear bottle, white writing, rooster and a green lid. So, after the best pork roll of my life, I knew I wanted to make some delicious sriracha mayo. And teamed with the crispy rosti and rich poached egg, it was amazing. The eggs are from my school ag plot and are the best I’ve ever seen!
Zucchini Rosti with Poached Egg and Sriracha Mayo
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 small starchy potatoes, such as sebago cleaned very well
- 25 grams of butter, melted
- half a teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of whole egg mayo
- 2 teaspoons of sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
What you need to do:
- Combine the mayo, sriracha and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Par cook the potatoes with their skin on for 3 minutes in the microwave. Allow to cool.
- Grate the zucchini into a bowl and add the salt and toss. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then squeeze the excess liquid.
- Grate the potato into the zucchini and add the melted butter and mix well.
- Heat a pan to a medium- high heat and lightly oil the pan with olive oil. Divide the mixture into two. Spread half over the pan and cook until brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, head a small saucepan with water to poach the eggs. Flip and cook on the opposite side. Repeat with the second batch.
- Add the eggs to the simmering water and poach until desired cooking is achieved.
- Serve the eggs with the rosti and the mayo and some parsley or coriander if you have some.