It’s popsicle week! And once again I almost didn’t make the cut. I saw some murmurs from other bloggers getting their pops ready, and wondered where the email was! Junk? No. Email heaven? No.
My pal, Erika, kindly forwarded it to me and there I was, sitting in the address bar as firstname.lastname@example.org instead of .com. I was worried. Could I churn out some pops in the next 3 days?
In truth, I had already been thinking about what I would do, and these London Fog Pops were on top of the list. What is a London Fog you ask? It’s basically an Earl Grey Latte. Milk, sugar, vanilla and earl grey tea. So warming and perfumed, perfect for a winter afternoon or the chill the fuck out after you do your first live Facebook post!
Can I just tell you though, how perfect a London Fog is frozen? Even more perfect than it is hot. Lucky for you northern hemisphere folk! I’ve added a bit of lemon in here, for some balance. Lavender is also commonly added to London Fog too. FLORAL HEAVEN.
Make sure you head to Wit & Vinegar and check out all the other pops popping up over the internet this week!
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract (or seeds of two vanilla beans)
- 3 earl grey tea bags (or equivalent of loose leaf tea)
- 1 strip lemon zest
- Place milk, cream, sugar and tea bags in a saucepan and heat over a low heat until steaming.
- Add vanilla and lemon and remove from heat. Allow to cool until luke warm.
- Remove zest then transfer mix to a jug.
- Pour mixture into moulds, add popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.