Thank you to Grounded Pleasures for sponsoring this post!
The presents are (half) wrapped! I’ve finally figured out how to watch Home Alone on my TV! I’ve made four batches of fudge! I think it’s safe to say: it’s Christmas!
What are you up to this year? It’s a simple affair for me; lunch with Mum and my brother. As usual, we will eat ourselves silly all day and watch National Lampoon’s on at night. I am hanging for my Mum’s pumpkin pie and for the pressure cooker that I think is under the tree for me.
If my mum hadn’t confirmed with me that I need to help her with the shortcrust pastry for her pie approximately 7 times, I’d be making this dessert. Which is actually the easiest dessert ever.
I’m pretty impressed that all it takes is 3 ingredients for such a rich and flavourful no bake dessert. And let’s be honest, no bake desserts are essential here over the next few months.
You could actually use any Grounded Pleasures flavours here (dreaming of cinnamon!) but I used their chilli drinking chocolate. Something ’bout that heat!
- 600mL thickened cream
- 1/2 cup Grounded Pleasures Chilli Infused Drinking Chocolate
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place the cream in the bowl of a stand mixer and bead on a medium speed until peaks begin to form.
- Stop the mixer and add the drinking chocolate, icing sugar and salt. Continue to beat on a medium speed until firm peaks form.
- Divide the mousse over four glasses and chill for two hours.
- Serve with a dust of drinking chocolate.
- Substitute the drinking chocolate with 1/3 cup cocoa 1/3 cup icing sugar and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper.