Wow. So long time between posts. New years resolution: blog more. Not entirely sure what I have been doing. Probably making labne. Labne is a lacto- fermented cheese that is SO easy to make at home. You can buy it, but it is as simple as putting some greek yoghurt in a cheesecloth lined strainer, tying it with string, hanging it over a bowl at room temperature for 12 hours and voila. You can read more about it and get the full run down here.
I’ve made it a few times before but never really did anything exciting with it. Put it on some toast. Ate it with some berries. So, I decided I’d make a simple dessert with peaches!
Brown Sugar and Pistachio Roasted Peaches with Rosewater Labne
What you need:
- 4 firm peaches (white or yellow)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of whole pistachios
- 1 cup of labne
- 1 teaspoon of rosewater (or maybe less- taste as you go)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- pomegranate and mind to decorate if you like
What you need to do:
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone
- Dip the cut side of the peaches in brown sugar and place in a lined baking dish.
- Chop the pistachios and sprinkle over the peaches
- Roast for about 30- 40 minutes, it will depend on how firm your peaches were
- Allow the peaches to cool while you prepare the labne
- Combine the labne with the vanilla and rosewater
- Smear on the plate and top with the peaches (or you could present however you like!)
- Garnish with mint and pomegranate if you fancy!
- Serve the peaches with yoghurt, muesli, pancakes etc etc
- This method would work with other stonefruit or pears
- Orange blossom water would work too!