What does it mean when you have 3 salted caramel recipes in as many months? I am not sure, but I don’t really care. I am in full Christmas mode. More specifically full Christmas Foodie Gifts mode. First up is this spiked Bourbon Salted Caramel. Yes.
I am having very bad thoughts about sandwiching the caramel between marshmallows and I’ll ask you to please not judge. Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks for some more Christmas Foodie Gift ideas!
Bourbon Salted Caramel (Makes 450mL)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp salt flakes
- Place the sugar in the base of a heavy bottom saucepan. Do not stir.
- Allow the sugar to caramelise on a medium heat. Do not take your eyes of it!
- Once the sugar is an amber colour, and darker in places, remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
- Once it is all combined, return to the heat and add the cream while whisking. It’ll become silky and smooth and there will be no fat separating from the caramel.
- Add the bourbon and whisk.
- Remove from the heat and add the teaspoon of salt and whisk. Add some more if you think it’s needed.
- Allow to cool, but place in a jar while still slightly warm.
How’s your Christmas prep coming along? Any great foodie gifts you’re going to make?